Professional tableware for care institutions
Classic tableware and care tableware for the communal catering
Tableware for care institutions is subject to special requirements. Common dishes made of porcelain or ceramic break quickly, cause a higher risk of injury and often replacements. The tableware for the care and kitchen staff is required to be easy to carry. Moreover care homes need special tableware for the elderly, people with a disability or dementia in order to support independent eating and drinking and to have more time for the care.
Quality tableware for facilities for the elderly
The classic ORNAMIN tableware series in classic style (series 500) and the series in elegant design (series 1200) made of quality plastic have been developed specifically for professional use in care homes:
• fit on any common tray system
• absolutely dishwasher safe
• special shiny coating protects from scratches and discolourations
• surface brillance with elegant optics similar to porcelain
• broad rims for a colour design rich in contrasts
• pleasantly quiet background noise
• light weight: relief of the staff
• easier to allocate to different living areas/wards due to the colours and decors
• customisable even of a low number of units
Special tableware for the care
The requirements on supportive tableware for the care are dictinct from those of classic dishes. This is why ORNAMIN developed special eating and drinking aids:
• special plates and mugs encourage independent eating and drinking
• orientation while eating due to contrasting colours
• ergonomic and safe
• discreet, not stigmatising aids enable independent food intake
• relieve the care staff
• intuitive usage due to hidden features
• standards of care is fulfilled, satisfaction of the residents increases
• absolutely dishwasher safe
ORNAMIN dementia tableware
The ORNAMIN dementia tableware is characterised by red colour accents as the colour red plays an important role relating to dementia and Alzheimer’s. It provides orientation, has a positive effect on the appetite and those living with dementia can still recognise it even in the advanced stages. An often side effect of dementia is dysphagia, a swallowing disorder, which complicates swallowing. The ORNAMIN mugs with internal cone and special lid ensure that patients do not choke.
Anne, manager of a day centre
Premium melamine tableware for care institutions
no shards, no risk of injury
high-quality and durable material
melamine weighs only about a third of porcelain
low noise emission
Saving of costs
low breakage rate, less need for replacements
looks like porcelain
ORNAMIN Quality: Efficiency that is accountable
With professional melamine tableware by ORNAMIN you can save 3,875 GBP and more over the usage time of five years in comparison to porcelain. This was proven by a survey asking professionals from trade and application. Thereafter, porcelain has a breakage rate of 15 – 50 %, whereas with melamine it is less than 5 %.
Maybe you are unsure how much tableware you need for your number of residents. Gladly we will help you calculating and make you an individual offer.
More information on the melamine advantages you will find here.
Ornamin contact for business customers
You are interested in the ORNAMIN tableware for professional use in care institutions or need further information? We will gladly help you calculating and make you an individual offer.